The online catalog provides a listing of all books and media owned by the library. You can search the catalog from computers in the library, campus computer labs, or remote locations via the Books/Media tab on the SUNY Broome Library website www.sunybroome.edu/library. Most books about dental hygiene are located in the “RK” section of the reference and circulating collections.
Reference books are located on the first floor and are helpful for locating short answers to specific questions. The following are a few representative reference books that may help you with your research.
- CDT 2020: Dental Procedure Codes [Ref RK28 .C37 2020]
- Color Atlas of Common Oral Diseases [2017 edition on reserve DEN 204]
- McMinn's Color Atlas of Head and Neck Anatomy [Ref QM535 .L64 2017]
- Mosby’s Dental Dictionary [Ref RK27 .M672 2019]
- Mosby’s Dental Drug Reference [Ref RK51.5 .M67 2014]
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology [Ref RK307 .O73 2016]
- White and Pharaoh's Oral Radiology [Ref RK 309 .W45 2019]
- Woelfel's Dental Anatomy [Ref QM311 .W64 2017]
SUNY Broome subscribes to the following journals relating to dental hygiene:
- Dimensions of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry
- Journal of Periodontology
- Journal of Public Health Dentistry
Freely Accessible Journals
The library subscribes to a number of online databases, which can be used to search for magazine and journal articles on your topic, including full text for some of the articles. To access these databases, click the “Articles” tab on the SUNY Broome library homepage <www.sunybroome.edu/library>, then click "Search for articles by topic area” and choose “Health and Medicine” on the right.
***Note: From off-campus, you will need to enter your MyCollege login.
- CINAHL Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature
- Science Direct
- Dental Materials
- Journal of Evidence-Based Dental Practice
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- PubMed is a freely accessible index of dental and medical journals from the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.
- There are excellent tutorials and a QuickStart Guide available on the PubMed website https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/.
- ADA Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry
- CDC Oral Health Resources
- Dental Hygiene Education Margaret J. Fehrenbach
- Dentalcare.com Procter & Gamble
- Merck Manual: Dental Disorders
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research
- National Maternal & Child Oral Health Resource Center Georgetown University
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Hygienists’ Association
- International Federation of Dental Hygienists
If you need assistance with your research please ask a reference librarian. Reference service is available during the hours the Library is open. You can stop by the reference desk, call us at 607-778-5043, email us: email@example.com, or chat with us on AskUs 24/7.
12/11/12; rev. 5/18/20